Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ocean Blue Metalic

Alan Skirvin

Been lookoing for a 993 found a nice car FPMDSH low miles nice condition, but I am not certain about the colour it looks a little drab, but I do want a darkish colour. It may be it just wants a good Zymol, does anybody know if this colour can be made to look a little brighter. Thanks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24668

I previously had an Ocean Blue 993 and I liked the colour. It can look drab when it is dirty, but I think this is true of any dark coloured car. In sunlight however it looks really nice because it has a green metallic fleck in the paint - hence the Ocean name. I have an Iris Blue car now, which is a lighter colour, but some people think too purple. Zymol does help brighten things up of course.

It's a difficult decision, but all the experts tell you to buy on condition.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24675

I have a 993 in Ocean Blue. As Martin said, it looks great when clean and sunny, but nothing special when dirty

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/106_0633(1).JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24679

Baylon,

You have my dream car right there. Congrats to you. It looks great.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24680

Ocean blue = lovely. But do YOU like it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24688

I think my first choice would be Iris which to my eyes seems a bit more blue than Ocean, but will I find a car the same spec, service history and general condition? my feeling is that as I am not buying new I have to compromise in some area, the car I looked at was not very clean, as its kept outside, my hope is that with a really good polish it will put some life back into the colour, also a change of lenses may help.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24690

Don't polish - wax !! :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24705

Decent therapy with cleanser, clay, wax, etc - like Zymol - can do wonders for lacklustre paint. 911&PW ?Dec 04 featured ex-Middle E 993 with faded paint that now wins concours competitions in France. Was Rx Zymol.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24711

Very popular colour- Zymol will bring it up beautifully!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24760

I'm looking at an Ocean Blue 993 - does the green flecks in the paint make it harder to have any body/paintwork done? Or are all the colours the same in that respect?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105373

IMO Ocean Blue is a great colour, best when clean, have you seen pics of 2 different 993 C2S's in the spit and polish section? The 993 curves look best in dark colours but require the most care.

I have an unused Porsche Ocean Blue Met/lacquer stone touch-up pen set if anyone interested? (Previous owner ordered wrong code)
Now sold - for ref I bought correct colour at OPC for £8.75 + VAT (£10.32 total)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105398

I think most colours will look very different depending on the surrounding natural light and how dirty/clean the car is

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105404

Ocean Blue in the sun, and a bit dirty in the drizzle...

P1010616_800px.jpg

P1010585_800px.jpg

DSC04136_edit_800px.jpg

DSC04010edit.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105433

The colour rocks , not to many colours look godd this time of year,go buy it

saygoodbye059.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105434

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members