Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

knocking noise when cold

Scott Cheadle

Hi everyone,

I have noticed whenever my 996 is cold, putting the wheel over full lock and going back or forwards gives a big knocking noise at the wheels that can be felt at the steering wheel. This goes away when the car warms up. This started about a month ago, and is really starting to get on my nerves. Haven't had the chance to take it to the dealer yet, but wondered if anyone else has had anything similar or maybe knows what could be causing it.

Thanks

Scott.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24262

Power steering pump?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24563

It is a 1998 C2. I am starting to suspect low Power Steering Fluid, (though I can't check it at the mo, as I am in Zurich, and my car is at Gatwick). Do you think that this could cause these problems? (After the Power steering pump suggestion, I noticed some people with other motors on the net that had similar probs from low fluid levels).

Many thanks to all replies.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24601

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back