Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Latest 2 mod's

Porsche

Donnington
fitted Gert's Front Protection Bar and the full Techart Brake Cooling Duct Kit !

Techart Brake Cooling Duct Kit = air ducting from front to brake discs with an integrated fog & side light on each side.... = more track time ! and no need to get turbo brakes !

oddly the smaller front lights and the bar make the front of the car look very different..... less classic 993 !!!

kind of prefer the old look !

although with the front bumper off, it was another chance to change both oil cooler fan resistors which were playing up again !

will post pics soon !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24212

Yes, pics please...!

Was this all DIY work or did you have the help of a friendly professional of some kind with all the right gear?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24215

Would like to see pics, was it a big job fitting the ducts? How much was the whole kit and how many hrs labour to fit, and was there much hacking needed? That's on my to do list (or shall I say to be done list)!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24219

should have done the bar myself as it was dead easy... although way too cold over the recent weekend !

but all done by a friend over the weekend who works at a Porsche Garage

full brake cooling duct kit is a bit of a job ! up to 3 hours depending on how experience the fitter is... he had done it before on a RHD (which needed more hacking) but on the leftie it was an easier fit !

for the kit from tech9 (UK Techart folk) at the Porsche festival last year ! for just over £600 which included painting of the front vents... so a lot more than just the Turbo S vents (provide extra cooling to the oil cooler, so still a good mod !)

although the bonus of both fog and side light is where some of the extra cost goes....

As for the protection bar.... well that may help at the stray speed bump, otherwise if I end up going off on a track day then (assuming I'm not headind to the wall) it should keep the underside in one piece !

although that would also be a chance to take pics of my custom 3rd brake light, becker sat nav system & front strut brace !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24220

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back