Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Strange noise

Pixelation

Monza
Ok - where do I start? It's not an electrical or mechinical noise but sounds like a buzzer warning. It happens when I'm on a inclined T junction attempting to pull out to the right and enter into a main road. I over rev slightly to compensate the incline and then turn out. I always hear this buzzing noise like traction control is kicking in or some alarm is telling me that drive is being moved to the front wheels for additonal grip. I'm not sure if 993 C4 has traction control but it's slightly un-nerving. I also get a bit of wheel spin but I'm not putting much power though the wheels on the turn. It's not very audible more like a "whaaaah" than a "bing bing bing" sound.

Any ideas???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23974

sadly not from rear-wheel drivers owners..... :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23976

Pedestrians screaming as they dive for cover as you boot it out of the junction? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23977

What I did was drop the revs slightly and no more alarm sound - guess it must be traction control but I never knew 993's had TC??? Oh well!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24322

They don't have four wheel tration control, but they do have electronic diff lock- maybe something to do with that

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24328

Wahhhh bing bing bing?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a crazy frog on a bike to me!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24337

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back