Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

techart front splitters

porkapig

just got a s/h set off ebay for £70 :D
scuffed undersides but will have to be sprayed up to match my car anyhow so not really an issue.

really fancied rs splitters but for the price i thought i'd live with the techart ones.

is it true that these techart ones are actually made by techart for porsches aero kit? ie the ones here
http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p93126.htm

anyone got a set fitted to their motor?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23450

Got the 'real thing' from Gert. He's the cheapest - despite 20% Belgian VAT!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23457

well if they look like this.. and they prob' do... then they are the real deal....

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/DSCF8637a.JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23462

The RS ones are slightly different, I think, but the Techart ones look great. Sundeep, I see from over at the PCGB place that you've got Turbo S scoops going on some time. Going to have them painted sliver? (Look great.)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23622

already had mine painted black...... !

going to fit them after I get the integrated fog lamps armourfended !

but do the brake ducts at a later point.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23625

which look like.... mine in black of course !

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/993jyt4.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23626

Techart do indeed manufacture the Porsche aerokit, which is what is fitted on my car.

I prefer the aerokit to the RS spplitters as the line of the upward slash on the RS splitter is not asthetically pleasing because no other lines go that way.

polish2.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23628

That upward slash seems to be about the only serious difference looks-wise between Techart and RS. Is the Techart stuff fibreglass or GRP?

I take it the built-in lamps are sidelights and that one sacrifices the fogs (no big deal there)..? What happens to the redundant wiring?

WG (or should I call you 968er?!), is that rear spoiler on your car Techart too?

Questions, questions...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23635

cool - look better than i thought - all i have to do is sit and wait until they arrive from germany.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23640

I am thinking of going air duct route after smashing a light on Tuesday. Do they just click in and plug in ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23649

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by WillD on 03 February 2005

I am thinking of going air duct route after smashing a light on Tuesday. Do they just click in and plug in ?
yes, same set up as normal....

and the bonus of further oil cooling if you don't opt for the brake duct kit...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23650

HOw difficult is it to fit the air duct? and where does the air duct go towards? I guess must be somewhere near the brakes?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23655

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 03 February 2005

HOw difficult is it to fit the air duct? and where does the air duct go towards? I guess must be somewhere near the brakes?
difficult.. bumper off... and a lot more....

but the benefit will be a huge reduction in brake fade.. would easily outlast any Turbo brake set up....... = more track time !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23660

If you go to Pcar.com there is a write up on the install.

Maxy, that is the Porsche Aerokit spoiler and splitters which are made by techart, sometimes called the Turbo S spoiler.

When you fit the air scoops you are only left with one wire, which went to the foglight, that you can tape up.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23768

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back