Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

HELP - mouse problem.

Wooly

Trainee
HELP - there seems to be a mouse in my engine bay - no kidding. I can hear it nibbling and I have seen it. I have put mouse traps in the area but he/she does not seem interested in anything cheesy. Even a blast down the motorway has failed to get it out. This is serious!!! Does anyone have any ideas?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23371

Good idea - but unfortunately we don't have a cat (and anyway it would need to be a very small kitten to be able to cruise around the engine bay of a 911!!!) :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23375

spray with WD40 ?

or take off the engine undertray.. so it will simply fall down !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23376

Try cake. Mice dont actually like cheese that much!!

Doesnt the car have a cat fitted anyway :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23380

There was a similar problem covered in Honest John in the Torygraph the other week. Suggested a high-pitched/ultrasonic sound wave device to deter the buggers. Worth considering? (Not exactly a simple solution but may sort for now and prevent a recurrence.)

Only useful if car parked in garage probably...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23491

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Martyn1 on 28 January 2005

Doesnt the car have a cat fitted anyway :wink:
:lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23517

Apparently mice like bacon?? He must be hungry if he has been there for a while -

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23545

How about a full bore brake test from 100 mph plus, unless he's got super grip paws that should dislodge him. or have a spirited run along your fav twisty section. he cant hold on forever.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23547

Not a very nice idea...... but steam clean the engine bay.... (not even sure I should suggest it)

or borrow a ferret!!!!

Think I need to go back to work now....

Good luck

Mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23554

One thing that you might wish to check is whether it has nested in there. If so you really need to get the nest out as nest plus hot exhausts does not equal fun. I have had great success with peanut butter as a bait.

Steven

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23558

Surely even the most tenacious mouse can't hold on whilst you're actually driving if it is indeed in the engine bay?? I agree with Steven, it's probably nested in there so is legging it when you start the car but coming back to its nest when you return it (kindly warmed up).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23560

Have you tried poison, we've succesfully used that on rats in our warehouse.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23598

The love Chocolate !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23599

Got him! The cake did it - thanks Martyn.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23612

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back