Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spec Enquiry

porkersc

Trainee
Does anybody know who i can contact at Porsche to obtain the original factory build spec of my 82 sc. It was first registered and supplied new in Switzerland. After e-mail or postal address. Tried looking on the Porsche website but drew a blank.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22964

have a look at the posts enetered today - someone said that in 911 &PW there is a letter stating who you need to contact for this info. - i think the post was under something like 996 options.

Good luck and if/when you find out the contact please be sure to share that info in here.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22966

Build spec is on the sticker inside the service book if it has one or the sticker should be on the inside of the front boot if the boot lid is original

Mark Pearce

www.stirlings.co.uk

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22973

I've just spoken to Porsche GB and this is how it works

You write into Warranty Dept @ PCGB Bath Road Calcot Reading. You list what information you need (he doesnt guarantee that all your requested information will be given) but should tell you what it was originally supplied with, when first registered etc etc. You include evidence that you are the owner (copy of your purchase invoice/receipt) and a cheque made payable to PCGB for £64.62. You then wait while it goes off to Germany, comes back to blighty, gets translated, and you receive it. He told me that there is not a generally available source of options codes, presumably so that they can continue to smack you for 64 nicker

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22992

I presume that they could still find out the info even though the car is 22 years old and first supplied in Switzerland. I bought the car privately so i presume a copy of the V5 will do. Does anybody also know what the "Sebring" special model is and what that gave you extra. Thanks for the infp Hendo i appreciate that,

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22993

I may be wrong, but I think Peter Morgan's "Original 911" book contained option codes/spec of the various different models. I'll have a look later.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22994

Ive been through the book and i have the original options from new in the original service book of which i have. However there are a couple of things on the car which must have been extra which i can't find codes for. It has a factory fit leather dash top and full leather interior including rear seats and door panels. Front and rear spoiler which coulsd have been fitted later 7 and 8's and lowered suspension. Also the paint sticker (which is original) says it is Palisander metallic which i did'nt think was an option at the time according to Peter Morgans book. So i just wondered if some of this was special order so not listed as option codes. Thanks for all your help. I am just trying to expand my already extensive file and history on the car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22995

There may be some early examples that have some 'special request' fitments and colours. My 964 was in Zermatt silver ie not a porsche colour but an audi colour. Apparently the chap ordering his then spanking new 964 cab, wanted the colour to match his Audi quattro. So to keep the customer happy, Porsche whizzed it over to Audi, they painted it, sent it back, Porsche presumably charged him a small swiss fortune, and he was a happy chap with two matching cars from different producers! Only in switzerland heh?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22997

PorkerSc - im sure that when PCGB contact ze Germans, they will be able to give you the details for your swiss car.

Hendo - there is no such thing as a small swiss fortune - :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22999

When I bought mine had the garage do a full Porsche chasis check. This came back with a list of the options that were on the car, both the codes and what they were. This was for a 1988 3.2 Carrera. I am slightly hazy as to how long it took them to get this info but I think it was less than a week.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23023

Spoke to PCGB and i must say there were most helpful. As you say just drop them a line with a copy of V5 and proof of ownership and the cheque and they will sort it out generally within 10 working days. Will let you know how i get on. Thanks for the help guys.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23026

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back