Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997S vs 997

Maxy M

Interesting piece in Autocar by Chris Harris. Reckons the 997 to own is the base model with ceramic brakes. And no 19 inchers.

Reckons the performance is, as far as UK roads are concerned, essentially the same and the handling and ride are that much sweeter, thanks to 18 inch rims/rubber and the standard suspension. The lighter ceramic brakes help the ride apparently (but for me that would be a waste of £5K+).

Looks like a cooking 997 with a decent interior spec would do me nicely then.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21617

I saw a 997S up close this evening for the first time. Very nice. Might even be tempted to consider a trade in for the 993 if I have a good year next year, and I never thought I would type those words.

Richard

97 Arctic silver c2

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21618

journo's......

never really live IN the real world.. have a car.. write, think something up... without the view of ones money...

agree with the 18" theory....... rather have those on the 997 C2S.. but a std on ceramic JUST for a better ride.. I think not for a £5k difference !

although I am an autocar reader ! and like his articles...!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21621

Know it not strictly following the thread but I seem to remember Chris Harris getting a Gallardo and I remember reading about him picking it up etc and was looking forward to hearing about the running report etc..... and then nothing. What happened....

As for the 997, the more I see it the more I like it..... would love to have the money for that sort of dilemma, ceramic brakes or bog standard discs... Oh to have been born rich instead of good looking (I wish)...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21643

I'm still waiting to hear more about the Boxster Coupe (GTS ? ) Club sport - i cant wait for the unveiling in January....................

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21646

I'm with Warren 100% - I think the Boxster Coupe looks great and is fantastic value at 993 money - I might just buy a new car for the first time in my life !!

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21647

He sold the Lamborghini. The 997s he bought with his own money, thats why if you read the article he is bit upset the cooking 997 is so good.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21649

I looked at getting a Boxster - dealer said the 17" alloys were the choice of enthusiasts as they provided good handling without corrupting the ride. Also read a journo article with similar point of view regarding 996 17" vs 18" alloys. A basic 997 cab would do me fine....don't fancy replacing those ceramic brake discs though

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21651

Lojo = thats what i think - my first ever brand new car - i've already started to prime the wife.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21653

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by warren mcbride on 16 December 2004

I'm still waiting to hear more about the Boxster Coupe (GTS ? ) Club sport - i cant wait for the unveiling in January....................
Warren

Are more details of this becoming available in January then?

Simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21659

The regular Boxster coupe is tipped to be unveiled in Jan at the Detroit motorshow - i expect that the CS version will be coming along after that. There is someone in here who has defo conf that the CS version wil be made (do a search for more info) - sans aircon - stereo and reduced soundproofing.

I cant wait - but i would like aircon though - bin the rest.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21660

I have registered my interest for a boxster coupe, the dealers are keeping a pre-waiting list type thing. Just don't know much about it yet. Same as you, Id like the aircon but not bothered about much else!

Simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21661

Looks a nice 3.2 Simon....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21667

Hmm, my local OPC (West London) is taking deposits on the Boxster coupe already (£1000) if you wish to be in the group that gets the first batch...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21669

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nikv on 17 December 2004

Hmm, my local OPC (West London) is taking deposits on the Boxster coupe already (£1000) if you wish to be in the group that gets the first batch...
Interesting. They are only taking letters of intent up north. Although they do still have £3000 of my money from a cancelled order for a 997.

Simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21675

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back