Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Airbag Warning Light

PT

I've just changed my 996 steering wheel and airbag for a 3 spoke one but now the airbag light is on. Anyone know if this needs to be reset after changing and if so, how to do it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21423

I believe anytime you disconnect an airbag on a 996 you need to donate about £70 to your nearest friendly OPC for a computer reset. Get them to confirm your radio code while it is hooked up, doesn't cost any more.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21431

check the wiring for the airbag light.. it may not be hooked up properly.. it is something that can be reset with the dealer tool...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21435

Thanks for that, I suspected it would involve an hours labour at the OPC for 30 seconds work.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21476

They should do it for free - mine did, just turn up when they are quiet.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21627

You probably "keyed on" the ignition with the airbag disconnected. This results in the ECU for the airbag detecting and logging a fault and showing the warning light.

Easily remedied by someone with the proper tool.

pp

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21656

Thanks all. Will have a word with Ninemeister.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21663

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back