Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

In love for the 'first' time

Fingers

Just had a test drive of a 1996 Iris Blue / Black Interior 993 Targa. And it was excellent!!!! It is a tiptro version in LHD with only 29,000 genuine KM yes KM on it. Full service history with one owner! It is BLOODY PERFECT! The owner wants GB P 29,000 for it? He reckons it will go quick - he is a private collector, 3 Porkies, 2 Ferrari's and loads of others! What do you guys reckon? Professional advice most appreciated!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20697

you can't go wrong with a Targa..

only issue with that low mileage is the usual problems that can arise from not having been driven so much...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20700

Satsiriakal Yaar, kiddha? what kind of problems should I be aware off? I will keep my 2003 C2 until next year and get a 997 as a daily driver - I just want to keep the 993 until I grow old and grey so I thought that a low mileage car would have been better...

what do you think of the price?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20703

kidha :)

price for mileage is prob' at the high end of what one would pay over here.... esp for an early 993.. i.e. too close to £30k but your market's supply and demand may dictate such a price (?)

there was a short piece on potentail issue on low mileage 993's which I will have to dig up... otherwise nothing really wrong with low mileage......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20705

Hi Sundeep

Thanks for the advice - really thinking about getting it! I have wanted one for a while now and this one has to be the nicest one I have ever seen! The only thing is that I would prefer a manual - I have a 2003 996 Tiptronic as well so a manual would be great....What do you think of the 993 Carrera S? or the 993 4S Here in Japan the 4S is not so popular - people reckon the steering is a little vague...never tried one so couldn't comment

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20710

I'm a rear-wheel drive manual gearbox man myself.....

4s will have a bit of understeer.. although the bonus of 4wd & ABD for added safety

certainly nothing wrong with the steering !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20711

thanks Sundeep - will let you know how I go with the Targa -

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20723

Bit of prob - the wife is winging - should have married a punjabi : ) she wants a convertible - Boxster / 993 / 996 or 997. Any car as long as it is a cab. I don't like the 993 cab's....might take her to the showroom and let the car do the convincing.

The main reason she is worried is because when she did go to a showroom she was told be the salesguy that the Targa's are toooo hot in summer (Japan gets up to 40 degrees) and the targa is bit of an oven - how is the sun shade? I know the UK whether isn't too bad but am not sure what it would be like here. A mate of mine has a brand new (2004) 996 Targa and he said summer was terrbile...what do you think?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20761

sun shade is fine.... and never had a problem with the A/C... even in the mid 30degree heat of the UK..... although here never had the A/C on cool beyond the 3rd setting all summer (another one to go), mostly set to 1/2 all summer....

In the setting Sun / later in the day is when the Targa comes into its own...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20763

The glass on a targa is specially treated so you won't cook! And, (possibly a selling point to convince your missus) the targa is built on the cabriolet body. You get the benefits of a cabriolet without losing that gorgeous shape. Check out
http://www.performance2and4.co.uk/993_2_n.htm

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20771

#You get the benefits of a cabriolet without losing that gorgeous shape#

but your rear windows are pointy at the bottom.... :wink:
couldnt have that ....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20773

Thanks for the link Pneumatic, will do my best to convince her - she would jump at a Boxster or 996 Cab, will let you know how I go!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20787

Porkapig, the windows are a design feature! Bit like having a roof arial I suppose but much better!! :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20790

LOL! cheers pneumatic!

havent got around to ordering the half price zymol yet - will get it next week as off to french alps for a few days

marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20793

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back