Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PA 1000

Jeremy Barbour

The ultrasonic bit of the alarm seems to have stop working (immob OK) - I will be taking to an OPC to get it fixed. Has anybody had this problem before & know what is likely to have caused this?

TIA for any information.

J Barbour

993 Targa P reg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20558

are you sure you havent disabled it in error?

there is a button on the centre console that isnt marked with anything but if switched will dsable the ultrasonics and stop the full closure feature of the alarm - an led comes on if it has been flipped normally.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20588

Jeremy,

My PA1000 wasn't working either. The siren didn't work and the ultrasonic detection didn't work. I took it to Hamilton & Palmer who originally fitted most 993 original alarms. They replaced the siren and diagnosed that the ultrasonic sensor sensitivity was too low. The technician undid a piece of the carpet on the driver's side of the transmission tunnel (it's held on by a couple of screws and some velcro). Then it was simply a matter of turning a screw. When the alarm is dis-armed there is a small LED on the black box that shows mov
em
ent detection by the ultrasonics.

They also fixed the loud click when my door opened for free!

Hamilton & Palmer'a are in Kemsing, Kent...TEL: 0
1732 760022

Hope this helps,

Don

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20737

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back