Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carrera S TopGear Video------------------

nice one Tony, I missed it on TV

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19883

Thanks Tony - I missed the beginning on TV. Funny about the gear knob coming off, that often happens in my E30 M3, usually when pulling briskly away from traffic lights - quite embarrassing!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19884

Martin,
what shape is the E30 M3? I had an E reg M3, the muscular looking one with wing ,and the gear knob used to do that too ! In fact, the whole gaitor used to come off....damn that dog leg 1st gear :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19885

why is anyone pulling upwards on the gear lever? If you push it from gate to gate without any vertical component to the force, the knob would never come off. Am I missing something?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19887

If you pushed the gear lever it would go through the floor and be left clattering on the road. At least this way its left in your hand.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19895

"what shape is the E30 M3? I had an E reg M3, the muscular looking one with wing ,and the gear knob used to do that too ! In fact, the whole gaitor used to come off....damn that dog leg 1st gear :oops:
"

Yeah that's the one -my gaitor is loose as well. Great little car with wonderful steering and chassis. Seems to rev for ever. Funny thing is my son who also drives the car, never has a problem with the dog-leg gears or the knob coming off. I'm clearly trying too hard!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19901

Martin,
it was/is a great car. Cost me an arm and leg tho'-didn't have a PPI before i bought it; new head gasket and rad later......oh dear !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19910

Common problem on the E30 M3, but only happened to me once. I miss my M3...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19912

feels a bit wrong talking about a beemer on a Porsche site - but here it is... :)

no_plate.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19929

Thank you Tony for making the segment available. Missed it as well.

Now, if you get hold of today's part with the Enzo in it, that would be cool too! :)

Nik

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20050

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back