Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 questions

Nitrous

Silverstone
No problems really, just some questions.

I recently picked up my new toy, a '99 996 C4 tip. Love the car to bits but find the climate control fan pretty noisy - other owners views?

Also, jsut like my previously owned 964 tip, occaisionally, when in D, the gear choice is first. I thought the car always chose second gear when in auto mode.

No other issues so far.................

Martin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19806

My 996 have the fan noisy if you close all the air gates inside, with them opened the fan is ok on auto.My gear is manual so I cannot help you in other question.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19811

The Tip should always go down to second, not first in Auto mode. That is the default, and I certainly haven't seen mine go into 1st in Auto mode. I haven't had my long though, but it is a 996 (2001).

Nik.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19877

The dashboard indication will always show 2nd gear, but from rest the car will always start in 1st (when D is selected). you can only select 1st when using tiptronic

1998 Carrera 4 tip (zenith blue)....the dogs!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19879

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back