Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 odds & ends

Koenig999

Hello, new boy here!

I have been lurking and searching for a few months and now I am in the process of buying a 996 C2 coupe, RHD, 99 model. This forum has been useful in getting my thoughts in order so thanks for that. [I did try a 993 before you ask....]

I have a couple of starter questions for people who might know..

The Porsche installed music system does not seem to have a cassette. The audio system has a 6 CD autochanger installed in the front. Has anybody tried to play a home burnt CDR in the changer? I have tried several different autochangers in the past, some take home burnt CDs. some not. I will miss making cassette compliations, being a big music fan!

As with many 98/99 models, the boot and bonnet release levers on the drivers door sill are a bit scuffed, and I would like to get them replaced. I can't find any part numbers for these, or any info about how hard a job this will be? Can the 2000 model electronic switch assembly be used?

Thanks for any replies.

Koenig

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19757

Hi,

I have a 98 996 and have a 6 cd changer and a cassette. I think the systems name is cd-21 or something...sorry.

My CD player doesn't like home burnt cd's. A little frustrating.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20658

Silly question maybe, but have you checked what's behind the display of your head unit (there's a button to flip it down on mine)? You may find a tape slot behind the display.

I've got the 6 CD changer with cassette head unit and the changer plays CD-Rs fine. Burnt with Nero, nice and easy.

I was told by Porsche when they did a pre-purchase inspection that the seat has to be removed to replace scuffed levers with new ones (hence big job), but I'm pretty sure that I found a thread/instructions on RennTech.org to do this without removing the seat. Sorry I don't have a link.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21397

Oh, and from memory, each replacement lever was about £45 from Porsche. As part of the inspection they gave me a quote for all the parts that they would replace to get the car up to scratch, so they will be able to give you a part number and price.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21398

I can only comment on the CD changer in my 996. If you have a 6 CD changer, it is likely to be the CDC-3.
Mine plays CD-R discs ok.

Nik.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21668

should (?) play CD-R's as most systems do so... but get quality branded discs...

but very few if any take CD-RW's

you can check the spec's from becker as these are all becker rebranded units....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21684

I have have the Porsche Hi-FI Pack taken out and replaced it with Alpine Cassette deck / tuner / CD controller head unit, Alpine CD changer (CDR, RW and MP3 compatible), Genesis Amps. JL Audio speakers, iRiver interface and electric door opener.

It sounds a lot better than the best Porsche In car that can offer!

Koenig

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22000

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back