Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear Wiper Removal - 993

baylon

Hi

I am thinking of removing the rear wiper on my 993 as it is fairly useless and was wondering if anyone else had done this mod.

http://p-car.com/diy/rearwiper/

Thanks

Mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19430

i also have seen this mod and thought about removing my rear wiper as in my opinion it spoils the clean line at the rear, but - what do you fill the hole in the glass with ?? I also would like to hear from anyone else who has made this mod.

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19432

I did it on my 993, looked so much better. You can buy a pack of gromets from Halfords which fit the hole perfectly - can't remember the diameter but you just need to measure the hole.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19433

Halfords sell a pack with 20, 22, 24mm for about 90p - one of them fits...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19434

Hi Phil, did you use a sealant to keep the gromet in?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19436

No, just pushed it in, though it might be a good idea to seal it as well.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19437

thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19438

Hi, took the rear wiper off this weekend. Took only 20 mins and looks so much better.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19775

I used a gromet from Halfords (as suggested by Admin and LOJO) and some clear windscreen silicon sealer (again from Halfords). Only cost around £5

I haven't tested to see if it is water tight, but the gromet was a tight fit so there shouldn't be any problems (hopefully)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19782

Ok Thanks Baylon - i think i will give it a go myself soon.

Im presuming that refitting it shouldnt be a prob ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19784

Shouldn't be a problem, just remember what order the washers/nuts/rubbers etc come off in.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19785

Rear looks naked without a wiper. Unless you're a trackday minimalist...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19851

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back