Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hi quality bodywork additions to 993

Wolvreen

Would anyone consider having bodywork modifications.I love the look of the widebodys 993 2S, but I need a tip, surely too rare?

I wonder if its worth buying a standard body and have a high quality bodykit added later.

What are peoples thoughts?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19318

That will immdiately de-value the car significantly, as well as severely limit the market when you come to sell. Best to wait and search for wide body one that you like. Anyhow, I guess the cost of conversion, if done properly, taking into account chassis mods, would be prohibitively expensive.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19319

How do you find driving a LHD in the UK, since a C2S 993 with tip may be more common in LHD?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19320

there are RHD ones around

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19321

LHD is ok for me, you'll find many different opinions regarding LHD. Minor inconveniences esp when going to car parks / sale booths, other than that, I actually prefer driving LHD (wife's 5-series is RHD, so are the rest of the "fleet" in the house) esp on the track, just feels more "natural". Also bear in mind that RHD 993 has pedals off set to the left. Ok for most people but it gave me a bit of a back ache after a few minutes in traffic.

I think the main issue with a lot of people is that LHD is regarded as "cheap skate Porsche", well, I didn't buy the car to show how rich (or more like poor!) I am, so I couldn't care less as far as that reason is concerned. Why pay so much more to sit 2 feet either side uncomfortably!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19322

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back