Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Yee Hah! I've done it

Pickled Piper

Suzuka
I've done it. I've located what appears to be a mint 993 C4. It's a 1996 Varioram model in Polar Silver with aircon, FSH etc. It's a little bit high on miles at 90K but it looks good and drives very well. It's getting a PPI next week, the independent I'm buying from is going to service it, respray the front end, fit two new tyres and attend to anything else that the PPI identifies.

My excitement is only tempered by the tought of shelling out a large amount of hard earned readies.

I will tell you more and post a pic in a couple of weeks.

pp

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19212

I would be interested to know how your polar silver front end respray turns out - I understand that colout can be a bitch to match/blend in. Congrats, bet you can't wait !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19213

Well done, PP. Are you transferring from one Porsche to another, or is this your first??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19215

Maxy M

This is my first Porsche.

Always wanted one since childhood. Wife and two kids later I can finally afford it.

pp

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19216

Pretty much same as me. But the history is of two wives, one kid. Of course it wasn't an entirely rational purchase but I worked on the basis that everyone should own a 911 at some time in their life. Shouldn't they?

And it would have to be a 993...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19219

Congrat PP. Just in time to come to Bedford with us on 30thOct?

Maxy's right, everyone should have a 911 at some time in their life.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19222

Maxy's right, everyone should have a 911 at some time in their life.

Only one, I spend most days wondering which one I might buy next.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19225

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by jonathan cosh on 13 October 2004

Maxy's right, everyone should have a 911 at some time in their life.Only one, I spend most days wondering which one I might buy next.
exactly..... forgetting 'practical' needs after a 993 is there REALLY anything else ?

btw.. nothing wrong with 90k miles thast what mine has.. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19227

Of course, having owned that 911 (993) at some time in your life, it's difficult to kick the habit.

After a month's ownership (still smiling broadly and popping into the garage every now and then to admire its sexy curves) I'm thinking about whether I'll want to replace it some time (chances are I will, but maybe after longer than the usual two-year itch), and what with. A newer 993 with lower miles? 996? 997? Whatever, it'll have to be a Porsche... (And not a Cayenne or a Boxster or a Porsche with four doors.)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19236

Sundeep

"forgetting 'practical' needs after a 993 is there REALLY anything else ?"

yeah you need to own an RS...They are the real Porsches.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19246

Im probably going to attract some flak for this, but i would quite happily have a boxster, Cayenne or even a 944 if my financial situation forced me too. All Porsche products have that thread of being "special:" in them. Yes / No ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19248

I agree Warren. Its too easy to be prissy about these things. It was the thought of buying and owning a Porsche that prompted me to read up about the marque and every time I open another magazine or book, the variants of just the 911 continue to enthrall me.

I've already said I'd buy a Cayenne as a family bus but I wouldn't be parted from the 911 unless needs must.

Good luck to PP. I doubt he could do a lot better than a 993 C4, or C4S, or turbo 4 or RS .............

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19266

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back