Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Purchase

Fingers

Imola
OK guys - advice time. I am going to buy myself a 997 this month. There is plenty of stock available in Japan. I am going with a seal grey job with black interior. Only dilema is if buy a left or right drive car. I want a manual transmission but RHD cars are ALL Tiptronic in Japan, left is available both with the tiptro or manual. ...very annoying. The other thing is country or region spec, here you can easily buy US spec cars (the cheapest) German Spec (more competitive than Jap cars) and lastly the Japanese spec which is C08 for LHD or C18 for RHD.

What do you experts think will be more attractive in the UK second hand market? German spec LHD? US Spec LHD or Japanese Spec RHD? According to Porsche there is hardly any difference between any of the cars, the servicing will not be an issue or the warranty.

Opinions will be appreciated!

PS Seen a very nice 97 993 Carrera S in Seal Grey with Grey Full leather Interior LHD / German spec as well. Only 16,000 Km on the clock and a FSH. Price is GBP 38,000 - might be tempted to get both : )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19167

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back