Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Two small problems .....

Toby Low

Having taking delivery of my 1986 3.2 Carrera Targa I am working my way through a few small niggles - most of which will wait for the next 12,000 mile service. Two more have just cropped up:

• The battery was flat when I tried to use the car last night. I have done quiet a few short journeys lately and I do not have a garage. Is this just a feature of the 3.2s? Or is there a simple solution?
  • When I park the car after even quite shot journeys, the fan in the engine bay stays on for a seriously long time - up to 40 minutes. Is this normal? Could the two problems be related?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Toby

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18993

Toby

I would guess your two problems might well be related. Ive certainly never noticed my fan staying on for any length of time (if at all) when i switch off. A lot will depend on how new/good the battery is, but I quite often leave my car (garaged and after a decent run) for 3 weeks and it starts fine.

Simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18994

Thanks Simon - I will take it in to Chelsea Carrera and get them to have a look. I have a growing list of little things that need sorting out - but generally the car has been a revelation. I just love it.

Toby

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18995

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back