Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Very clean car keys.

Wooly

My car keys complete with car remote toggle have been through the washing machine! The car is a 1996 993. The toggle has "Laserline" printed on it and two buttons - I assume this is standard. Also, the key has lost its light, battery and battery cover. Does anyone know the best way of getting repacements and what they might cost - "er-indoors" is paying.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18564

I got 2 brand new key heads on Ebay for £23 including postage from
Germany
Zuffi12 is the members name and he usually has several bits and pieces for sale.
I had a look today but he hasn’t got key heads at the moment.

I understand that the alarm remote is much harder to sort out due to needing a red key? to programme the new unit.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18579

I had a new key cut at my local OPC and it was only about £10. They cut it while I waited.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18585

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by baylon on 29 September 2004

I had a new key cut at my local OPC and it was only about £10. They cut it while I waited.
Did that include the keyhead with torch and porsche badge? that sounds like very good value

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18631

Yes it did. I can't remember the exact price but it wasn't more than £15

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18635

Wow, OPC Hatfield charged me £39 for a new key.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18648

Buy a key head off Ebay. The most you should pay would be about £10. And go along to your local key cutter who will cut the correct key insert for about £4.
postamble();

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18707

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back