Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Now that the 997 is out and prices......

Ravi Mann

...of the 996 expected to fall further, do you think those of the 996 turbo will be significantly affected, or will they only start to fall when the new turbo is out? When is the new turbo expected anyway; is it late 2005/early 2006?

I've dreamt of owning a 911 since seeing the Braun shaver adverts of the 70's as a kid. Now that I'm finally in a position to realise that dream, I think I'll wait just a few more months to see what effect the introduction of the new model will have. Two year old 996 turbos seem to be going for around £70k (around the same price as a new 997 Carrera S), do you think they'll fall by more than 10% by the beginning of next summer, or will their prices stabilise as people go for the turbo rather than the newer car?

Apologies if this has been discussed before, I know us newbies can be a real pain! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18328

I think the 997 Turbo won't hit the streets until 2006 - there's still a few more base models to come first, such as C4, C4S, Targa, etc...

I also think a lot of ppl will be tempted by the 997, being the next generation car, new look etc, so Turbo prices may fall a little but will still hold well until the 997TT comes out - that aside I heard a Porsche salesman say that the Turbos lose upto 10% a year as standard depreciation for the first few years... so I reckon there'll be good examples to be had next summer for around £65k mark!

Either way the 911 Turbo has always been the "Daddy" and will always maintain a good price even when it has bottomed out - I know I'd put my money on one of those rather than a "base" 997 model such as the C2S...

Just my 2 cents, others may disagree!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18331

Don't reckon 996 turbo prices will be affected that much but
www.nickcartwright.com
currently have the cheapest on the market(aswell as some nice ferraris) at £55995. Looks nice too.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18339

996 Turbos with goodies were selling at £115K when they launched. That was, if my info is right, about £10K above list but it still doesn't support of depreciation of "only" 10% per year.

Pal of mine offered £65K trade in on his by OPC and there are a few around at sub £65K privately.

Better car for daily drive than its predecessors and I'm sure easier to maintain than other marques in the supercar category this car is now in.

With 993 Turbo 4's selling at somwhere around 40K plus, there has got to be a limit to where 996 Turbo values will end up unless all the models continue to depreciate.

Interstingly enough, I am told cars similar to mine sold at £100K during the late 80's madness.

Apart from affordability, I continue to feel that rarity is a commodity 911 fanatics are willing to pay a premium for.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18343

that Cartwright turbo is good vfm.

Now where's my checkbook

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18346

The other 2 porsches they've got are pretty interesting too! 600hp twin turbo gemballa GT3, and a good value GT3RS.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18347

ooooooooooooooohhhhhhh

Nice link Noony. Nice cars. I feel space may need to be created for another addition to the family....... but I will use my cheque book :wink:

One problem; if I put my toy up for sale on e-bay asking £35K, do you promise not to take the ....

Wasn't this supposed to be about the 997?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18348

Would you guys really wait a year to save 5K on a car? Enjoying life and car ownership is not something you can put a price on.

As a friend of mine once said "I'm getting too old to buy green bananas"

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18352

YES!

Bannana comment worth remembering.

997 has made me appreciate the 996. I couldn't afford to pay new Turbo money but I will be able to buy my friends, saving over 40-50K on new for a 2/3 year old car with low miles.

Too many other demands on my funds to not have to justify the cost but good luck to everyone that does not have those concerns as that is what makes the economy churn.

But I'll go with Graham. My 911 isn't essential but it is one of my pleasures in life which is why a lot of us contribute to sadoldgit.com

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18361

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by noony on 22 September 2004
Don't reckon 996 turbo prices will be affected that much but
www.nickcartwright.com
currently have the cheapest on the market(aswell as some nice ferraris) at £55995. Looks nice too.

How about the PORSCHE GT3 GTR Gambella 600 for £72K ?
That is one serious machine! Love the size of the fire extinguisher next to the passenger seat! :)

Nik

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18411

Nice Gemballa; hadn't considered a hotrod! :wink:

Does anyone know what the changes to the 996 turbo were in 08/2002 apart from the addition of the glovebox, drinks holders, BOSE sound being standard and MOST bus wiring allowing PCM 2. How easy would it be to retro-fit the first two? I've only used PCM 2, is it significantly different to PCM 1, or is there something better third-party that can be retro-fitted?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18417

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back