Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CDR-22 lockout

Pete Harris

Hi.

I picked up a 996 this week (finally!) and after typing in what appeared to be the security code for the stereo I got locked out. Subsequently I found another card with a different code (looks like an upgrade), however the stereo simply displays 'WAIT' when switched on. Anyone have any ideas? Is this a garage reset job?

Thanks

Pete

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17627

I had a similar prob with my merc, it was local dealer who sorted out the problem by resting the system. Suggest you call your local OPC

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17628

I had a similar problem. As far as I remember when you type in the correct code, it comes up as WAIT (as you mentioned). You then have to wait up to 1 hour, without turning the ignition off(i.e drive) and it should come back(assuming the correct code was entered)

ronnie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17635

Ok guys.

Spoke to a very helpful OPC on this matter (Dick Lovett of Bristol). To reset the stereo hold down the 1, 3 and TP buttons simultaneously. When you swtich it back on you will have to wait for a while (30 minutes in my case) and you are able to enter the security code again.

On another note does anyobody know where the aerial is installed in the 996? I have an Ipod with a small FM transmitter and the signal is very poor in the porsche. Worked fine in the last car (vauxhall corsa). It seemed enough to put the transmitter in close proximity to the stereo in the corsa but to no avail in the 996.

Cheers

Pete

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17826

Thanks for that info, Pete. I have been waiting nearly 2 years for my local OPC to tell me the "special (secret)" code to use on difficult Becker radios.

My set locks out very frequently (cure according to OPC is £500 for a new one) but I read another thread about 1) isolating set from the main supply (red fuse) but leaving the stand-by supply intact (thereby obviating need to use codes every time the set goes AWOL) 2) using the special reset code. My set frequently shows the word "service" on the display....

PS the aerial runs up the centre of the windscreen and is connected bottom RHS corner via a short fly lead. Might only be accessible with the screen out...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17830

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back