Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Retro fitting air con to a 993

Neill Hammond

It's probably one of those "can of worms" questions... but has anyone taken the move to add air-con to a 993??

Air-recirculation is all well and good, but on some days you really want that air-con kick, but has anyone attempted to retro-fit it? How to do it? How much was it to do? Who fitted it?

Otherwise, it stick to the sunroof being open!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17621

Good question mate!

Sorry to borrow your topic, but If someone has any insight on the topic in general I would be interested to know whether you can do the same thing for a 3.2...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17626

Check the forums - thihs came up recently. I don't have personal experience but think the general consensus was that it is prohibitively expensive to retro-fit and better to buy a car with air-con in the first place.

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17630

When I was selling my old 964 a couple of years back, the guy buying it wanted aircon and found somewhere that quoted £2300... for the parts and circa £1500 for the labour.

It was somewhere in London, but don't recall the name - sorry!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18017

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back