Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 997 - which one? What spec?

Martin Hurst

I confess to being a complete 911 novice. I test drove a 996 about three years ago but eventually decided on an Audi RS4 as I decided the 911 would be too impractical on a day to day basis.

Having lived (very happily) with the RS for over three years, now is the time to change again and this time I've decided a 'proper' sports car is the right choice. I has a look at the new 997 last weekend and it looks fantastic.

I suspect I will go for the 'S' as most of the spec from that car I would want to put on the standard Carerra e.g. Xenon's, 19 inch wheels, PASM - but is there any reason why I should choose the lower powered car? I actually prefer the exhaust set up on the non-S car!

As for additional spec - there isn't a lot I can see on the list that I want and at the moment I have limited myself to Navigation and heated seats. Question is, what else (if anything) would people recommend - should I go for sports seats (I will use the car for long distances), what else should I go for?

I am also planning to go for non-metallic black (same colour as my present car). Any issues with this?

Oh - the car will be a company car so I don't need to worry about resale.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17408

Sports exhaust!

What are the benefits of buying as a company car?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17409

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sarbs on 09 August 2004

Sports exhaust!

What are the benefits of buying as a company car?
The benefits are that the company I work for provides a good car scheme but poor cash alternative. Also we have a good relationship with Porsche.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17410

hi Martin,

Just joined the group and have posted a similar question to yours (see recent threads)... how did you get on? ... I favour a standard 997, flat colour (special order though: Maritime blue), small(er) wheels etc., no silly extras: keep it simple and light...

Any help would be appreciated....

regards, Steve

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23088

Hi MartinI am just about to order a 997 as well. I decided to go for the Carrera after having driven both cars. Not enough power difference for normal driving situations to really 'notice' the difference.

I am going Basalt Black / Black Leather.

19 Carrera S alloys

PASM

Sports Chrono

Short Shift

Sports Seats

Xenon's

Heated Seats

Bit of Aluminium

Colour wise, every non metallic Porsche owner I know always advises against it - no personal experience, I would go for the solid black but have decided for the Basalt. My 2003 C2 is also BB.

Probably get the BOSE

Sunroof (Actually - the car I have my eye on has it so not really an option I chose)

Coloured Wheels Caps

Porsche Mats of course!

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23090

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back