Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What is wrong with white?

Pixelation

Monza
[b:eek:LKB7UZ7H5]993 CARRERA 4 MANUAL COUPE FINISHED IN GRAND PRIX WHITE[/b:eek:LKB7UZ7H5]

photo60.jpg

Year
Colour
Grand prix white
Price
£26,995
Body Style

Coupe

Engine/Capacity
Petrol / 3600cc
Transmission
Manual
Description

Grand prix white/marble grey leather, sunroof, 17 cup alloys, O.B.C, this is a one owner car from new fully Documented service history.

Dealer Facilities
Finance tailored to personal requirements, nationwide delivery, excellent warranty package with full Europe-wide cover available.

Seen this 993 on Autobahn for weeks now - seems a bargain but is white a dodgy colour to go for???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16095

Well its a matter of opinion - but as the market is driven by opinion white proves to be very unpopular.

See this weekends Sunday Times Motoring, they mention white and yellow as non starters :

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,2779-1149621,00.html

At the end of the day it is down to you but be aware of resale issues as Autobahn are finding by the sound of your post.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16099

I did think that you could add a 993 GT2 or RS body kit to it and it would look pretty cool. Also thought that if the car was worth it you could always re-spray it but personally I'm still looking for the iris/midnight blues!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16109

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Pixelation on 21 June 2004

I'm still looking for the iris/midnight blues!
You just missed two good uns on portiacraft!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16110

White is the best colour..... :)

Sean,

Now we know what your car would look like without the red go-faster stripes.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16115

another reason at Northway........

Model:
911 - 993Carrera 2 coupe (1994/M)

Date added:
-->
im001068.0

im001073.0

Description:
RHD, grand prix white with black leather, 92,000 miles with full service history, 17" cup alloys, sunroof, air conditioning, Sony Cd, central locking,
Price:
£24,995

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16123

come on !! it ain't 1988 !

don johnson has left the building !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16124

Not crazy about white on those later models but can anybody seriously tell me that this is ugly!?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19031

I mean this:

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/32_carrera_83(1).jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19032

The Japanese go crazy for white and will happily pay a premium for it - funny old world isnt it ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19038

I had a RHD 1994 993 Carrera 2 with 64,000 miles on the clock, full main dealer service history, sport leather, sunroof, aircon etc

It was totally immaculate sitting on 18" RS Alloys, could I sell it?

No.....A few months went by and I ended up outing it to a dealer for 23k who took a number of months to sell it himself. He said it was one of the best condition on the lot, but that white paint caused alot of problems.

The problem is, if people are looking for the car of their dreams and have been saving for the day for some time. They just don't tend to picture a white car it seems at any cost.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19045

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sean Dudding on 21 June 2004

Pixel

White is the best colour..... :)
Anything is best when there's no alternative! :wink:

I supose it'll look good if you put some colour stickers/go faster stripes on it! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19048

I used to hate White Porsches but it is the most common colour in Japan - closely following white is silver (artic silver mostly) I have to say that white is very nice - especially in the flesh!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19050

I am from South Africa and white cars command a premium there - no-one really wants dark cars because they get really hot and dusty.... so maybe I am more open to the lighter colours than most, but I would love the car at the top of this thread - maybe special it up a touch with some lettering - eg :

1988club.jpg

Like that ??

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19055

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back