Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie questions

LagerLout

Hi all I'm interested in buying a 996 and wanted to ask a few questions. I just took out a new C4S Cabriolet and I'm a little underwhelmed by the experience although it's a lovely car on a warm day. I'm used to driving hard edge cars my last sports car/sedan was a Mercedes 190 Evolution so I guess I felt the C4S was a little soft, too quiet and not enough of an event for me _personally.

I've got to get a car I can drive 2-3 times a week (I work from home a lot) but I'm young-ish and I'm not bothered by comfort, interior features or the like. I like engine noise and feeling as close & connected to the road as possible. So with that in mind I've been thinking about a GT3. I'm booked in to test drive one this week but I'd like to hear your opinions on it for daily use. I'm under the impression it would be fine - for me - but I'd like to hear some owners experiences. There is a lot of very low mileage examples for sale out there and that kind of concerns me.

The other option would be to wait for a new 997 C2 S with the aero kit but again am not sure if this will "thrill" me or not. I guess I like the fun of getting up to high speeds not just high speeds and that's whats left me a little cold with the cab. Perhaps I should just go for a 993 I hear they are better in this respect - ? ie the "event"

This isn't meant as a troll btw, serious questions!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16065

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by LagerLout on 20 June 2004

I've got to get a car I can drive 2-3 times a week (I work from home a lot) but I'm young-ish and I'm not bothered by comfort, interior features or the like. I like engine noise and feeling as close & connected to the road as possible. So with that in mind I've been thinking about a GT3. I'm booked in to test drive one this week but I'd like to hear your opinions on it for daily use. I'm under the impression it would be fine - for me - but I'd like to hear some owners experiences. There is a lot of very low mileage examples for sale out there and that kind of concerns me.
I would recommend a GT3 or used GT2. A member on this board, Sean Dudding, said the mk2 GT3 is daily driveable. And someone on another board drives his GT2 everyday and all over Europe.

BTW all the low mileage used GT3s may be partly from owners trading up to GT3RS's.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16070

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannahMich
Back