Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Roock suspension

Carrera

Banned
Just collected my car from JZ M after new set of Roock suspensio had been installed. (basically Bilstein shocks with matching HR springs). I can beleive the difference it makes!! My old shocks must have been so gone! The car no longer wollow around, steering is much more direct, and although the ride is supposed to be harder, it actually feels more comfortable! (shock absorber actually absorbing shock!)

The did tell me the rubber mount has split, anew one would be £100 a corner, but the monoball suspension mount (used in RS) cost £250 or so a corner. Unfortunately they need to be ordered and it takes four days, and I need the car back for Bedford on Monday. So back in the split rubber mount. It has to wait till next yr to be changed to the monoball. was told the rubber mount take compression load mostly, so it should be OK for a little while.

Can't wait till Monday to try out the new suspension on a track!! :D

Anybody else going to Bedford this Monday?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15607

Yep I was told the same about the mounts from a couple of OPC and JZ.

I may pop up to Bedford for a drive but will be in the "courtesy Boxter S" and don't tink I can track it "legally".

Its black on a 02 plate with Lancaster tax disc holder..... incase I go. May see you there what time all day?

Will

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15612

I'll be here with Sean Dudding et al. all day, hope to see you there.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15614

Mick,

Didn't Steve talk you out of the monoballs?

I got new rubber mounts all round with my Roock set-up, I think monoballs would be way to hard for the street.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15617

Poon,

Steve did warn me about the monoballs, but I guess I'll be doing a bit more driving on the track and a little less on the road. Add to that I'm slowly getting lardier with extra suspension on my butt to cushion the shock! :oops:
The new suspension is actually more comfortable now anyway!

Next yr when it's time to change tyres again I might go for the Corsa after fitting the monoball and strut brace. Sometime in the future I might go for the Big Red and RS clutch/flywheel when they need replacing. Only doing all these 'cos I have no intention on selling the car ever. Also I've always wanted the RS but just could live without the mod cons and the rear seats. With all these up-grades I'm hoping to get a little taste of the RS(well, the lardy version anyway!).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15621

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back