Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

airbag light on ..

mortod

Trainee
Airbag light now stays on after ignition. Any experience of this ? Is it likely to be an expensive repair, or just a visit to the garage for a reset ? Is it dangerous (ie is the airbag likely to explode in my face without a crash, or just not activate when I do crash) ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15528

Danger Pillow...

No one will want to tell you its not dangerous. Sometimes the light will come on if youve had a flat battery, a voltage drop or spike...best, safest and easiest just wheel along to an OPC, they will check and hopefully reset. Why wait, you might shunt it tomorrow.....

Adrian Crawford
www.911secrets.com
www.performance2and4.co.uk

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15574

For the record - Camtune plugged it into their analyser and suggested that the problem might be due to a faulty wiring loom (a common problem appatently). They did however reset the warning light (which I guess might be as simple as briefly disconnecting the battery?) to see if it occurs again - so far it has not.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15950

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back