Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 official pics and specs are out

Porsche Events

Old forum user Unidentified(4266) wrote:

Renteam.com have posted the 997 pics and spec. Looks nice sepecially the rear view IMO. The standard Carrera gets +5hp, Carrera S gets +35hp over 996. S also gets 19 inch wheels. New interior... not sure if it is an improvement to my eyes but overall 997 should help keep 911 sales strong.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15265

was a bit disappointed with power outputs but other than than i very much like it. a bit of persuasion on the old man's behalf could see us upgrade to an S hopefully.

ill take one! take it out of my dads life savings!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15267

Robert, can you post the link for the pics and specs etc ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15268

Cheers Robert,

Funny, I was at my local dealer this morning, collecting some new wheels, but i saw nothing about the new model, either i was still sleepy, or rural Switzerland is a bit slow off the mark. Im going back there on thursday, i must remember to hassle them for a brochure !!!

The Top Gear site also has 5/6 official pictures.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15270

Also have a look at the official German website
www.porsche.com
, tehn select Germany from the country's listed. There is all the tech data and pic and movies as well. Obviously its in German, but dont let that stop you...................

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15271

Loads of pics in todays Autocar as well

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15272

To 's' or not to 's', that is the question??!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15273

I think the whole things best left alone never mind the s version or not ... it is little more than a face lift re-designed by the Cayenne design team to create an "appealing" cross-over for the US market .....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15274

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sarbs on 11 May 2004

To 's' or not to 's', that is the question??!!
i think we are 's'ing. east london centre now wants another 3 grand so that they can begin to 'firm up' the waiting list. ie. sift out the people who want turbos etc. we are number 20ish but all they told us is that it will be a MY05. helpful! more info on build dates in july i think when they send out options list etc. and when magazines get hold of the cars.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15275

Definately 'S'ing, just spoke to my dealer, i'm getting one of the first hopefully late september, but probably october, use it for a month try and get 2 track sessions in then sell it, (wouldnt use it over winter anyway) then get another new one for the 1st of march hopefully the 4s. Beautiful! cant wait to see options list!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15276

I also read the 997 is a face lift so I would skip the 997 and wait for the 998 which should be all new.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15277

Old forum user Unidentified(4266) wrote:

Yep, I also think it is a facelift but a very good one. They have changed enough of the looks in very small and relatively easy ways to make it appealing to both current and new customers. Active suspension sounds interesting but everything else seems to be tweaking only. Power levels are shamefully small increases. Go for the S or it ain't worth the "upgrade".

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15278

The S should be the standard model...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15279

ahh well....
bluecoat_old_onload = window.onload;
window.onload = function() {
if (bluecoat_old_onload != null) bluecoat_old_onload();
bluecoat_fixpopups();
};
//-->

it seems a bit of a disappointment - i think i'll put Optimax fuel in my 996 and get an additional 5 horsepower for about 50p.

its a very evolutionary step - it seems to be a 996 mark III more than anything else.

the stuff at the front and back seem to be a tweak, and I'm probably in a minority of one, but i like the 996 mk II headlights better...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15280

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back