Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Twittering

trool

My recently-acquired 996 has a rather annoying twittering sound from the rear cockpit area....as it's impossible to climb into the back while driving, does anyone have any idea as to diagnosis / cure?

At a guess it's the rear seats or the screen rubber, and more likely the latter, but any thoughts gratefully received

Thanks, Matthew

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15235

twittering?? are you sure its not the windscreen seal above the dashboard on the passenger side?????

mine creaks like a ship in sail!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15237

No, it's definitely behind me, I climbed into the back tonight and prodded and poked and the likely culprit seems to be the trim panel immediately beneath the rear screen.

Any ideas as to a proper solution before I douse it with ptfe spray all round the edges???

Thanks

Matthew

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15243

Hi trool

Your OPC will have a cure for this. It is to do with the plastic moulding around either the windscreen or the rear window (apparently both cause the same creaking / rattling / tray of ball-bearings on the loose sound. The dealers have some special cord they put in the gap betwen the screen surround and the body to stop the racket!!

Ian W

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16089

The cord costs about £7 and takes less than 1 minute to install, and it works a treat!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16104

Thanks for the replies guys - appreciated

Matthew

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16107

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stoker
Back