Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Car!!

Dan

Hi all,

Been on this website a few times before but could never nail down exactly what car i want, now im faced with a predicament!

I want a Porsche but would not want to drive it everyday as a friend of mine (who has a 996 turbo) has talked me out of it.

Got a car that i use for work, (its a diesel as i am a director of a property investment company and do a lot of miles) but need something for the weekends and track.

Like the 964 turbo but i can afford something newer and think the newer probably the more reliable.

I think 993 carrera 2 or 4 s (because i like the turbo body) or simply a 996 carrera 2 or 4.

The only problem is that from being in property i know that i could make a load just by investing what i would spend on a car. So i really want something thats not going to depreciate a load over the years.

In short, i reckon i need something that i can use on the track occasionally, looks good, is quicker than my brothers M3! and won't make me wince on deprecitation!

I don't mind paying extra for something unique, maybe a 993 turbo but i would say that if i spend much more than £50k my family would kill me!

Any help would be appreciated, im sure there are a lot of people out there that have either owned or own one of these cars.

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15130

Sounds like it has to be the 993TT, then...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15131

As Manek has said, go for the 993tt. You should be able to get a nice example for under £50K. I bought one last year and have not looked back. I reckon if I came to sell next year I would lose very little in depreciation, judging by the prices at the moment.

ronnie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15140

Oh and you would be a lot quicker than your brothers M3........

ronnie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15141

for depreciation proof motoring it has to be a 993 RS!

Mind you any 993 won't be too bad.

Any newish car you use will depreciate!

As with any investment (property included) your money can go down as well a up!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15145

ha ha poon, thats the line i use on my website! too true though, although im not bothered losing a bit, i just don't want to be left with 50% depreciation after a couple of years!!

Not too sure about the RS though, what are the main differences between it and a normal carrera?

Is the turbo a lot more expensive to run than a carrera 2 or 4 s?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15147

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back