Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spoiler warning light on..

Chris H

Hi all. My spoiler warning light has just come on and surprise surprise, it's not working i.e. not coming up automatically at around the 50 mph region.. The manual switch does not work either..

Any tips ?... easy check points... Any advise is welcome before i have to garage it and get stung with a costly repair..

Thanks in advance, Chris

1993 964, and a really beauty (apart from the Spoiler)...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14955

Check the fuse ??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14956

Check the leads underneath the glovebox if it isn't the fuse. There is a connector there which may have come undone. This happened to me whilst removing a telephone kit from my 993.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14957

Check the connector block in the engine bay to the spoiler - someone else had pretty much the same problem on here reently - try a search here

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14961

Have checked all of the above (fuse, leads that may have come dis-connected) but still not working (and warning lights still on)....

Nitrus, that connector under the glovebox. I found a connector and checked it, but am not sure its for the spoiler.

Any more ideas ?

1993 964 C2..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15020

The spoiler control unit is a small black box under the drivers seat. Check here for power etc.

I blew my one up but it's easy to repair

Alan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15127

Anyone get to the bottom of this problem?

I have exactly the same problem on my BoxsterS, the light goes on at speed but the spoiler does not go up.

ACE any idea where the control unit is on the Boxster?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15373

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back