Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Let there be light

Martin Kuipers

Maybe a daft question but I have just (after 6 months ownership of my 993 and 1 year of 964) noticed that there is a function display behind/over the switches in the centre console i.e. warning lights, locking, sun roof, spoiler...

Should these lite up when I turn the head lights on? Well, mine don't and if they are suppose to come on, how do I fix this?

Any suggestions appreciated.

MK

'94 993 black

'85 2CV blue

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14755

Mine light up when I switch on side or headlights....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14770

After an agressive bang with my fist, I got the bottom lights to come on but the top row....nada.

Anyone got a tip how to fix this?

MK

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14777

When I got my 993 I had 1 of 3 working in the top bank, and 2 of 3 working in the bottom bank. Each set of 3 bulbs is mounted on a PCB. I initially thought about trying to get replacement bulbs, but was told by a parts supplier that they couldn't supply the bulbs, but woulod repair the units - for a price!

i eventually came across an article on a porsche website showing how to replace the bulbs with LEDs, and i have now done that. The beauty is that LEDs won't blow.

The website is
www.porsche964.co.uk
follow the TECHNICAL -> ELECTRICAL REPAIRS & MODIFICATIONS links.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14984

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back