Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

HELP - ABS / ABD Lights

Percy1

Hi

The ABS and ABD warning lights have come on on the dashboard of my 1996 993 C4. Everything seems to be working OK, have checked the fuses and all seems fine.

Any help would be appreciated as I need the car tomorrow.

Thanks

Percy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14644

My 993TT`s ABD and ABS light came on suddenly once and it turned out that the alternator belt had snapped. Realised this when the battery would not turn. Pretty easy to have a look at the belts and make sure everything is OK.

Ronnie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14647

Ronnie

Have checked the belts, battery, sensors and any other wires I can see without dismantling everything and all seems OK. Everyone I speak to seems to think it will be to do with the charge (Battery / alternator) so am taking it to Autostrasse so they can check it out. Do they plug them in to a computer or is it a manual check?

Andrew

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14663

Quick update - took the car to the garage today, they plugged in the diagnostics and identified a duff near side front sent sensor - that was the easy bit. The sensor had corroded and had to be drilled out, what should have been a ten minute job took three hours!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14902

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back