Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993s Chewing Alternator Belts

Rammy

Hi all,

has anyone had any alternator belt problems and had to replace the pulleys?

It seems that the official parts from Porsche (for a 993 TT) do not completely fit, there is no space for the spacers (corny or wot)? This sounds very odd and makes me think whether there is an upgrade kit for the Pulleys?

Would it be possible to know if there were any factory recalls due to the Pulleys having problems with chewing belts?

I tried calling the Drs @ Stuttgart and I was referred to the Factory for Technical Queries - maybe Friday afternoon is not the best of times to call!

I couldn't get any information from a couple of OPDs in the UK - which is a bit of a let down, but I'll still try and call round some others.

Regards

Rammy (993 TT - Black/Black with some Aluminium highlights)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14277

There is a 993 pulley upgrade, but I am not sure if it applies to the turbo and it depends of year. I believe Ninemeister know about it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14285

Hi,

I`ve just recently purchased a 1994, 993. I`m having the same problem, my alternator belt keeps breaking, it only seems to last about 1 month. I`ve fitted a genuine porsche belt, but it still keeps breaking ...........

can anyone help me with this ????

many thanks ...................

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108642

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by James Jameson on 21 March 2004
There is a 993 pulley upgrade, but I am not sure if it applies to the turbo and it depends of year. I believe Ninemeister know about it.

Agree, if your alternator belt keeps breaking then you need to look at replacing the pully, I do believe there is a upgrade on this part available.

Alex

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108646

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron2325
Back