Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil Pressure and VarioCam Questions..

NeilH

Loking for some advice please.

I have a 2002 911 C4S with c14000 miles on the clock.The oil pressure gauge was fluctuating wildly between 3-5 so I took it to the dealer to be checked. They claimed to find nothing wrong but since then the oil pressure has sat at 5, ie maximum, at virtually all RPM. Surely something is wrong?Also, the Variocam seems to be getting more and more intrusive when it goes through c3000 RPM. Should it be this noticeable?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13379

Hi Neil,

The problem your having with your C4S, does the needle stick up above 5 and stay there? Does it do this straight away from cold or only when the engine is at operating temperature? Do you notice the needle dip when you change gear or dip the cluch for a few seconds while driving along?

I have seen something similar before.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13534

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back