Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Xenon Lamps

JimJam

Trainee
One of my Xenon lamps has stopped working :( taking it in next week to have it looked at.

My 996 will be three in April and still under warranty -although they've said its not covered :(
Anyone ever had a Xenon stop working? The service guy said he's never seen one go and that they don't even keep them in stock...

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13375

HI

Very unusual for a Xenon to stop working. Most likley not to be the bulb (As it has no filament). Only other things it could be would are a dodgy wire or the transformer that ramps up the voltage to the bulb (25,000 volts required). Cost me £380 for that to be replaced on my current car by a main dealer ! I can only assume it would be roughly the same for your car.

Good luck

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13381

I agree with TLG.

Another possibility - maybe someone touched the glass of the xenon bulb with their fingers?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13479

apparently needs a whole new headlamp unit - circa £500 and not covered by warranty

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13526

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back