Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which exhaust

K

Kersh

The exhaust on my 79 SC needs replacing. The whole lot of it. I have read about power gains from SSI systems. Is this true?, and is there an even bigger gain from fitting early model heat exchangers? I just thought I would seek some advice on the subject,
Kersh.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12705

SSI's are the same shape as early model exhausts, but are just made better. You should get a 5-15 bhp increase. It is probably the best bang-for-your-buck mod for your car, after disconnecting the air-pump. Bit pricey (£1500+ I think) but they will last for ever, look great and deliver some benefit. what more could you ask for.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12706

What about Hayward & Scott?
http://www.haywardandscott.co.uk/
In terms of power gain, this is about the best their is. Certainly one of the improvement I have planned for my 3.2. One of the 911 & Porsche World cars had one fitted & showed impressive power gains. Beautifully made too.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12711

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back