Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 alarm

Carrera

Banned
I'm not so sure what alarm I have in my German '94 993. It has a Porsche Drive Block, with remote central locking, the remote has one large and one small button (which I don't know what's for), and I was told that it's not a Thatcham Cat 1 alarm. Now, what alarm do I have?

I also thought that the immoblliser is programmed into the ECU, so if I wanted to install a new alarm, does it need to be programmed off?

Help and advice appreciated.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12144

Not sure really - i have the PA100 in mine - it has one large button on the remote and a seperate imobiliser key - one of the little micrhip ones - if any of that helps?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12146

nope, mine has no separate immobiliser key, and the remote has a separate smaller button. So at least I know it's not the PA100. Cheers.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12147

Is it the combined remote and key where the key folds away into the remote? If so, the little button is probably to release the key to allow it to snap open.

Does it look like
http://p-car.com/diy/key/
?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12835

No, separate remote, if it helps, it's a German LHD, so they might be different from the uk ones.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12842

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back