Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Moisture

john gearing

My 1990 964 is full of moisture after a wet night; windscreen, rear window rv mirror, speedos the lot - any thoughts anyone? The seals appear to be OK.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11637

Hi John. Welcome to the forum.

Have you checked all your carpets? There are various drainage tubes which can become blocked or dettached and let water into the car, normally pooling in footwells. Do a search on this forum for more info - some one recently had similar problems.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11638

I will check - thanks.

I have noticed that the door (what would it be called?) recess was almost a puddle of water.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11640

John

The puddle that you've found may suggest why we noticed condensation on the inside of the windscreen after leaving the car for only a few hours in the sunshine on Sunday.

Jonathan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11665

As i'm not telepathic I'll assume you have a coupe. The most likely place for water to come from that collect by the doors is the b-pillar seals. Then your carpets hold the moisture and if the conditions are right you have condensation throughout.
When I first bought my Targa I had similar problems with damp and condensation everywhere , it was like a Dickens Poor House! Despite what some fools on other forums say Targas properly set up are leak proof .

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11703

leaks...

Another area to look is from behind the door card, usually evident with damp in the door pockets and rusty securing screws. There is a plastic sheet membrane behind the card and this does a lot to stop water ingress. If it does have evidence of leaks here, replace the membrane with new, but do a perfect job and test with a hose prior to re fitting the door card.

Also....under the mats is heavy sound deadning material, you will need to remove it all (horrible) and dry it out, otherwise you will have a damp and smelly 964 forever.

Adrian Crawford 911secrets.com performance2and4.co.uk

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11707

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back