Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

StartingProblems

Jamal Khan

Hi Folks, My 2001 C2 is having some problems starting. I was away for a while and the car was not run in nearly 2 months. So upon my retrun I used my Mercedes CLK battery to jumpstart. Then went on a drive for 10 miles or so. Upon my return home, when I switched off the car only to restart is did not restart.

Using the Merc CLK to jumpstart again does not work. And a clicking sound comes on. Lights starting to flash, windows and clokc start acting up and the hazards come on.

I am thinking that since the engine was still hot and the fan was not worknig, this is a fail safe to not start the car till the engine cools down. Worse this could also mean my starter is hosed. Any advice on what has happened will be appreciated..

Regards,

JK.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11001

Non starting 996...

Most likely your battery simply died...and cany be revived. I expect if you turn on the ignition you wont have enough power for the lights to work too.. Nip off to halfords and buy the correct battery remembering to have your radio code handy before its changed. Yep its the battery almost certain. One shorted cell.

Adrian C 911secrets.com performance2and4.co.uk

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11014

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back