Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bought a cheap 964 ?

guyver

Hello everyone, i have just purchased my first porsche ! Its a 1990 C2 Targa UK RHD in red,111k miles, full OPSH,new clutch etc. It was the first 911 i'd gone to look at and i just bought it there and then, no hpi,no ppi, in fact i drove it back home 90 miles without Insurance. The car drove very well, (not that i had ever driven a porsche before!). It does have a slight oil leak though, some pipe.This never bothered me.its in good nick.

I know, i'm silly.then the day after i bought it i did a hpi(i said i was silly!), it was clear !! i have been using the car everyday, no problems.full years tax,mot, last serviced 2k miles ago.

I paid £12,500, did i get a good deal ?? any replies would be appreciated.

shaz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10578

Sounds like a good deal, still worth getting a PPI done to see if anything suspect gets covered and can be dealt with before it befores a REAL issue.

Pics?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10580

Congrats on your new purchase shaz,

The Porsche mystique ensnares another. Agree with James that a PPI should be your first point of call - At the very least it will give you piece of mind. Plus 12.5k is a great price so hopefully you have a few quid left over should the need arise. The new clutch should be one less potential problem.

As for the oil leak, if it's a drop or two over a number of days, it might not be an issue. Most 964s leak to some degree. Again, the PPI should highlight if it is serious.

Just make sure you check the oil levels regularly and do it correctly - on a level surface with the engine at running temperature.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10584

Guyver. Welcome to the site.

Sounds like you did well. £12.5k is a very good price, although Targas do tend to be a bit cheaper than coupes. At that price you have a few grand "in the bank" to sort out any major issues. This will be plenty... unless the oil leak you mentioned requires an engine drop to fix.

I'd also recommend a PPI or a good inspection anyway. Better to know what the issues are and make an informed decision as to whether or not they need dealing with.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10592

Stick a TPC supercharger kit and new exhaust on it. 380hp 911 for under 20 big ones :twisted:

(Exhausts on 964s are pretty restrictive. 993's extra 22hp is mainly due to better exhaust)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10637

Thanks for all the responses, yes i will agree the Porsche mystique ensnared me ! its a fantastic machine.

I do intend to get a PPI done in the next few weeks, the oil leak is not serious, just one or two drops over a few days.Oil levels are all ok.

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/porsche.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10682

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back