Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

creaky windscreen

John Hudson

Hi

I have recently taken ownership of a midnight blue 1995 C2 from Shirleys Garage and I am delighted with it! However, i have got one slight moan - there is a creaking comming from the bottom of the windscreen (i think) or possibly the trim at the front of the dash.

I've got a vague recollection of reading something on this previously but cant remember what the upshot was - i.e. how common, any cure etc ?

I am due to take it back to get some odds and sods done but would appreciate any input in the meantime.

Thanks

John

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9456

I went to my dealer and they fixed it for about £75 by putting some Teflon tape round the edge of the glass. I gather from other forums that a self-help fix is possible using some form of silicone beaded carefully between the edge of the glass and the rubber.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9470

yeah its common, even on new 996's. my dealers fixed it twice and will have to fix it again when i take it in for servicing shortly.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10455

see 'squeaking noise' topic for cheaper fix

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11518

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back