Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM 2 - TMC

mogsyman

Has anybody else noticed that the PCM 2 unit not only has a mind of its own, but the TMC feature is not included in the UK spec.

The manual quite clearly states that TMC is available in your car if your country provides the service......well in the UK it does and it isn't.

However, not to fear because AFN Guildford as ever have the answer - "oh, it's a printing error or something like that, and by the way what's TMC?"........Is that BS I can smell?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8585

Do I remember reading somewhere that only Classic FM broadcast the necessary signal? Try that anyway.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8587

Manek

As far as I'm aware, the signal for TMC communications is fed to the navigation system in the car regardless of the channel you are listening to. The problem here is the software for UK spec cars does not include TMC.

Anyway, TMC is the least of my problems whilst the rest of the car is falling apart!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8594

Where do I start.....

On delivery:

Rear of both front seats damaged, Rear leather panel came unstuck (difficult to describe, but Porsche are replacing the rear quarter panel inside the cabin). PCM faulty, 6 x Cd player packed up, dash board not fitted correctly resulting in a 1/2 gap between the upper and lower part, incorrect mats fitted (minor problem, but annoying), hard top impossible to remove from the car then the hood refused to shut.

Faults since then waiting to be fixed:

Leather panel still on order. Rear of the seats still damaged. PCM 2 unit refuses to work some of the time. Horn not working, bottom of driver seat falling apart, sides of driver seat falling apart.

Is that enough?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8597

I am so sorry to hear that Prosche produce such a car, more disappointingly the dealers doesn't seam to give a damn after they've got the money from you...sounds like any other dealers...may be Porsche is loosing it ... sad...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8613

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back