Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RSR's vs Fabspeeds?

poon

Magny-Cours
I have on order from Gert the RSR's, but recently stumbled upon this page from Fabspeeds website

http://www.fabspeed.com/993mufflers.html

I am now worried and am thinking about the Maxflos

BTW, I have the motorsound option on my 94 C2 with a Remapped ECU, I like the oval tips I already have, my other questions are as follows:

1) Would the Maxflos have a bid HP advantage over the RSR's?
2) The picture on their website leads me to conclude that the Maxflos are a mufflers and tip change, can anyone clarify.

TIA

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8530

I guess you have read the article on
www.p-car.com/exhaust/
also just looking on the aircooled forum on rennlist you will see that there are many people there who have had the RSR mufflers, so you could always ask them if anyone has had problems with them

I have no info on other conversions though.. and shoddy work is to be condemned but isn't fabspeed being a little bit of a scaremonger here, I have always been a little wary of this type of 'negative' advertising. That said I was thinking about the fabspeed before I decided on the RSRs

The RSRs claim no HP increase.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8533

I have a set of RSR on my 993, and I'm very happy with it. Before I decided to go for RSR I did quite a bit of reading in the Rennlist, and I had not found any negative coment. Certainly there did not seam to be any risk of fire etc.

The only thing is that it may not be loud enough for some, to me it doesn't sound much different on motorway, no booming, and you still have the glorious roar at high rev.

Don't forget you're not buying a new box, only a modified second hand one, so can't compare the longivity of the RSR to a brand new Fabspeed.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8581

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back