Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

5 Speed or 6 Speed

JamesM

Hockenheim
I've just been scanning through the used cars on the Porsche website, and it appears that some 996's are 5 speed and some 6.

When did the change happen?

What should I be looking out for?

Cheers - James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8174

I thought the five speed referred to the tip box? Not sure.
I had six speed on mine 11/01

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8183

Don't worry, it's just the dealers don't know what they're talking about. All manual 996s are 6 speed.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8185

For example a lot of the cars have ''black/grey/riviera blue'' interior...when they don't :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8186

There hasn't been a 5 speed in a 911 since the 964 so I dunno what they're on about...they should give dealerships to enthusiasts like us :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8194

Noony,

We could start one up!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8452

Er...you pay for it, I'll run it. Independent though. Poonoony perhaps.......oh yeah, I don't like you :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8453

I'm in if you've got the finance!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8492

Me too. We could have a special Zymol application area.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8551

Seeing as we've gone way off the gearbox thread, I have a question for Olivia - does your new signature suggest you have found a new love of your life?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8553

Yes an interim purchase as my 55 looks like being delayed till mid December (told the dealer I may aswell register it Jan to make it a 2004 car).
Bought a turbo uprated 450bhp in cobalt at the weekend. It is awesome.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8555

My God you know how to make someone jealous!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8556

Didn't mean to do that James. I will take some pics at some point and maybe you could upload them for me? I don't get it till Friday.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8558

91 hours and 38 minutes to go.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8560

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back