Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 993 owner

Jason Bunyan

Hi, just found this site, great to be able to find so much info. I have become the proud owner of a 993 Cabriolet, only took delivery a month ago, the vehicle had n/s/f and wheel well damage. I run a small mechanical/body repair garage, luckily i found Design911 in Ilford, of all the suppliers i have dealt with over the years for Parts these guys really do know their Porsches, probably not the cheapest but they had everything that i wanted, with lots of good advice thrown in, 4 weeks later and the 993 is ready for the road this coming weekend, this is the first time i have ever had a Porsche, currently i have a BMW 318is, unfortunately i think the only way is down from now on, just starting the 993 up stops people working, just to see what's happening. If i can pass on any tips or info i am more than happy to help if i can, but judging by the quality of advice available on the Forum, i think my input will be minimal.

Jason Bunyan
www.jasonbunyan.com

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7543

Welcome to the forum Jason

All input welcome

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7553

Welcome. I found this place just before I bought my 993 and I have to say, I now find the armchairs fit rather well...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7609

Just tried the 993 out for the first time, 130 mph on our local test track, will try and put a couple of pictures on here soon, when i can work out how, couldn't believe how little wind noise there was with the roof down, bye bye 318is, there must be some downsides to driving a 993.

Jase
www.jasonbunyan.com

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7658

Jason. I think you meant 130mph on a nearby private road! You might want to re-edit you post, just in case someone gets the "wrong" impression.

Cheers, James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7661

Yes, I find them rather loud...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7668

Just found out how to use the image upload tool, this is my 993

www.jasonbunyan.com

1994 993 cab metal grey

--------------------------

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/web9932.jpg
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/web993(1).jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7674

Coo! Looks a little squashed...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7676

Local test track, it is honestly officer!!

Wouldn't say that there really are any down sides to 993 ownership although I am often found using industrial language when trying to do a tricky manouvre - the turning circle is like that of an HGV.

Your cab looks nice in grey (but is a little squashed!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7680

Jason, you ride for Reading? I live there.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7681

I rode for Reading last year until i smashed my shoulder, this year i ride for Coventry in the British Elite League(speedway), i still go to Smallmead on a Monday, might even take the 993.

Jase

993 cab

----------------

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/993(1).jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7683

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back