Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rare sighting.....

noony

I saw a 993 GT2 today, silver. You expect it to be big and menacing, but of course it isn't(well, it just isn't massive). It had bolted on wheel arches, BBS alloys, a rollcage and said 993 GT on the back, so i believe it was real. Anybody else got rare sightings to share?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6363

Yep - also saw a 993 GT2 a few months back, but in red, on the A3 near Guildford, stunning. He had trouble keeping up with my X though (yeah right!). It's always quite exciting seeing something like that on the road, but to most people I guess they just look at it and say "oh it's a Porsche".

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6364

Thats because they're stupid.

I saw a man driving a volvo estate above 70mph the today in a relatively normal way. He wasn't wearing a flat cap and wasn't smoking a pipe. Whatever next.

Oh and I had a race along the A24 with a Brabus SLK. Now Don't get me wrong I like Brabus. Alot. But this guy was sad. So like the gentlewoman I am I let him win.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6377

As far as I know Noony a real GT2 has 911GT on the back but I guess some cars may have different badges .

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6398

Yeah sorry, it said 911 GT on the back.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6420

I saw my boss buy a round of drinks the other day....now that IS a rare sight!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6423

I just got back from holiday in France and saw plenty of Cayenne Turbos and S's, mostly German, Swiss and Monaco registered.

Havent seen a single one on the road here.

What do you think of them, I wasnt taken by it in the articles I've seen but in the flesh they are absolutely gorgeous.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6428

My mum and I saw one once, and we liked it, and want one when we get rid of our mercedes. My dad has seen plenty in real life(went to the unveiling thingy of the cayenne at Reading) but still thinks they're ugly, and wants a E or S55. Upgrading in about 18 months, perhaps cayenne turbos will have calmed down in price? I'm sure if my dad test drove one he'd want it. 996 and cayenne, that would be nice! (and my dad's decided we're getting a GT3 when we upgrade the 911 next, wahey!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6429

Saw my first Cayenne a couple of days ago (Turbo model) and was completely underwhelmed. It did not look special in any way really - just like any other SUV. I was prepared to believe those who say it looks better in real life but so far (granted, without having had a really good look from all angles) I think it looks just as bad as the pictures. Not that I find it offensive, just a bit non-descript !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6434

I'd agree with Jamie. It's just totally non-descript.....there's nothing that really makes it stand out from the crowd. At a distance it looks like an X5 anyway.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6435

I've seen two, maybe, i think it might have been the same one though. Very nice all the same, i'm trying to convince my mum that she wants to sell the Focus i sold her a couple of months ago and get one! I can't seem to convince her that its a good idea though!

Wazza

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6450

Agreed Jamie!

To be honest, for almost half the cash you can have the VW "Toe rag" :wink:
or something! Looks the same, doesn't go quite as well but I'd put the extra cash to upgrading the 911.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6463

There's two Cayenne's (his and hers I guess?) parked on a drive on the A25 passing through Abinger Hammer. Followed one of them last weekend and it's nicer than a Range Rover. Agree with the comment on buying a VW Toerag as it's a hell of a lot cheaper!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6492

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back