Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My New GT3

imported_Paul D

/images/migration/uploadedforumimages/gt3.jpg

/images/migration/uploadedforumimages/GT3%20Back.jpg

/images/migration/uploadedforumimages/GT3%20int.jpg

Had a 996 C2 until last year when I decided to upgrade to an old model GT3. Went around looking for a good 1999 or 2000 model and couldn't find one anywhere that was in the right condition at the right money so I let myself get talked into buying a new 2004 model (They are all 2004 models even though they are actually made in 2003 apparently!). Had it for two months now and just about to clock 4,000kms and its awsome; drives like a 996 C2 below 5,000 RPM by screams like a race car from 5,000 to the red line. One of the magazine reviews of the new GT3 said 'sell everything you own and buy one, you won't regret it' I did, and I don't!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5635

I loaded 3 photos of the car but they didn't come out, any ideas?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5637

send them to admin.

i used to live in dubai when i was a kid and was born in abu dhabi. id love to go back but has apparantly changed a lot.

look forward to seeing the pics.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5638

Dubai is amazing. Go stay at the Burj Al Arab and Al Maha hotels. I would say they are the best in the world. The Burj has its own fleet of white Bentleys! Its the only thing that lets it down.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5639

ive heard its becoe a lot more tourist orientated with hotels and that because the oils gonna run out in 30 years or something. maybe after uni i'll go back and try and find my old house if its still there. that would be quite strange but very good. i take it those hotels are very plush and expensive then. only the arabs and the americans can have white bentleys!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5641

The Burj is an awsome hotel, Bentleys are actually Rolls Royces but still the same armchair on four wheel ride. As for finding your old house, chances are if it was more than 15 years old its been levelled to make way for 30 storey block of flats, Abu Dhabi is like a concrete jungle now in town. If you haven't been there in the last ten years you wouldn't even find your way around.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5645

yeh i wouldnt be surprised to be honest. its been about 16 years since we moved here but to be honest i dont remember anything about either city as i was only 3! however i do vaguely recall the mosque guys who wail at the top of their voices all day! thats about it.

do you have the porsche out there then? if so, what are the speed limits like and are they rigorously enforced with police and gatsos every 50 metres like over here. i somehow doubt it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5647

There are lots of cameras on the roads close to the city and the speed limits are similar to the uk 70mph on highways but the penalties are much lower, about 35 pounds each time but no points system like the uk. The only time you get in real trouble is if your caught by a fixed radar over 100mph then they can impound the car for a month or so. Most people know where the cameras are and go out of town to really open up the car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5650

pics up

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5683

Hhhhmmmmm GT3.... (in Homer Simpson voice)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5686

:eek:
Awesome! What colour is that? Cobalt? I thought special order colours were not available on the GT3.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5689

Paul

you are one LUCKY B*********** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5716

Great looking car Paul.

I must not covert my neighbours car... I must not covert my neighbours car... I must not ...aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5742

Yes it is Cobalt, almost all the colours are now available for the GT3(at extra cost of course). Thanks for the comments.

Paul

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5783

Paul,

What great taste you have. Cobalt looks the best. See C4S cab spec forum to see why!!

Yes about the Rolls Royces I couldn't remember exactly as its been 18 months since I stayed there. Are porsches popular out in Dubai? Love the maritime seat belts. The wheels are awesome.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5825

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back