Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

4S wheels

also the carbon brakes also a no cost option on the 4S but this must be a typo surely?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5061

PCCb is a £3000 option or something. I personally dont like the sport technos.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5063

Carbon brakes are a 6K option.......sorry, but - unless you're Schuey or Kid jenson they're beyond my ability to appreciate. Goodness....the standard C4S brakes are stupendous in their own right.
Sport Technos are nice - but no nicer than C4S standard . GT3 wheels are an option on C4S CAB but why pay more for the same Wheel/tyre...size/profile....especially when C4S wheels are so tasty ???
(ok.so.....GT3 wheels are hollow & lighter ...not monobloc!!.....but we're splitting hairs here.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5068

yeh i thought there was something wrong with the brake thing.

i think those sport techno's have too many straight lines for a car with so many curves and that applies too all the 911s i feel.

i agree bout the GT3 wheels as well, not worth it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5072

Not sure about those wheels. It is nice to be a bit different though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5080

The Kahns are bad boy tasty for sure ....but don't they belong on a scoobie or a skyline or a sumfink other than a porsche ?

If porsche were to specify an option of factory 19"s - then maybe i'd be interested. But, meanwhile i reckon 3rd party/after market 19"s may well compromise the porsche perfectly-breathed-upon set-up...........which for me is more than firm enough already.

OK....they look great those Kahns...but not for me, thanks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5087

Hi all, new member of the forum reporting for duty. I've been reading your comments for a little while without putting my twopenneth in, so I feel like I already know some of you.

Anyway, the reason why I felt today was a good day to speak up is because I have just spec'ed my C4S for delivery at the beginning of September, and wheels were a point of order.

I took a tour of the Reading site last week and while admiring a row of GT3s I was told that the GT3 wheel will be an option on the 2004 C4S and C4S Cab. This threw me as I'm a big fan of the standard alloys, but the GT3 wheels would really set it apart whilst not going 3rd party. I also saw some Sport Technos and wasn't keen - sorry Luke's Dad.

Anyway, decided on the toss of a coin to go for the GT3s and was then called to say that Porsche won't be doing that after all. No biggy as I still love the Turbo IIs, but I thought you might be interested.

BTW, my mails won't normally be this long - promise!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5112

Hi, Jamie.....truth be known i nearly chose the GT3 wheels for C4S CAB but only stopped short because OPC didn't know official price. I then assumed it would possibly be a circa £850 option. Had nothing particular to base it on, but further thought C4S wheels being same size,etc ....why not stay with them ??
Interesting to find out (A). actual price and (B) are they still offering them......( did i read here somewhere that the option has been pulled ??)
Anyway......welcome to the site .

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5124

after further looks at the sport techno's and using the power of imagination im certain that my dad will not be going down that route. ill make sure of it!! :evil:

this look around the reading gaff sounds pretty useful for speccing. do you set that up through the dealer? our dealer is the old Lancaster in London who have now moved somewhere that i cant remember. has anyone else gone through them and done the reading tour?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5128

Not done it, but I live in Reading and would be happy to go with you :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5129

yeh, it sounds like a bit of a heavenly place to me!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5132

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back